Thursday, September 24, 2009

MORE tests...

Thurs. 9-24 Emily did 2 more tests today, the pulmonary test and muga. Blake took her for the pulmonary test this morning. We found out yesterday the muga was a little more involved than we first thought so Jim drove to college town to be there this afternoon. Neither test was painful and brought us one step closer to determing the stage/treatment. Emily and Jim drove home, and Matt and Emily are going to a concert tonight. They are excited about seeing Super Chick and Barlow Girls (Christian rock bands)! Tomorrow wraps up the final test with the bone marrow biopsy and the insertion of the port. We are getting close to starting chemo. Thank you and God bless you for your continued prayers.

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for you all. Lauren told me that Emily might have cancer. She said she couldn't give me the details. I knew from Lauren mentioning the lump on Emily's neck that it could be Hodgkins and it is indeed the best kind to have and very treatable if you have to get cancer. and very common w/ young adults. Emily-you are so strong! I'm so proud of you and it sounds like you are dealing with this very well. You and your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim and Anita . . . thanks so much for the updates. You are in our minds constantly and the prayers are nonstop! We are remaining hopeful for good news with every update. Love you guys so much - wish we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emmie, just thinking about you and wanted to say if theres anyone person in the whole wide world that can woop cancers butt, its you...we are praying for you, and hope you can get the tube out soon, so that you can get on with this..Im so glad that you and your family have god in your life.. He gives us all strength and hope. We are all rooting for you girly..Just keep your wonderful bossy, straightfoward attitude up!!!!!! I love ya, and thanks for keeping us all updated. Kelli Fullbright @Dr. Sellers office

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita -

    Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Tell Emily she is in my thoughts and prayers, I also have my family praying. I keep up with you blog each day. Thanks for letting us know. Let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you.

    Joella

    ReplyDelete